L.A. Takedown are a guitar-driven synth-pop collective led by composer and multi-instrumentalist Aaron M. Olson. Today, the band has shared the video for ‘Bad Night at Black’s Beach’ (watch below), which starts off looking like Drive before it makes a hard left turn into something much more playful. The video’s director, Matt Hewitt, says, “Aaron and I had spoken about emulating the credit sequence from Flight of the Navigator for years. Dogs catching frisbees in slow motion! Of course, the filming turned out to be challenging. It definitely gave me a newfound respect for any dog that could pull off an aerial catch, and a deeper respect for our director of photography/camera operator, David Feeney-Mosier.”
‘Bad Night At Black’s Beach’ is a cut from L.A. Takedown’s forthcoming record, II (out 5/12 on Ribbon Music). See L.A. Takedown tour dates and album art below:
L.A. Takedown II album art:
L.A. Takedown Tour Dates:
- Wed. May 17: Oakland, CA @ Starline Social Club
- Fri. May 19: Portland, OR @ Mississippi Studios
- Sat. May 20: Vancouver, BC @ Cobalt Sun.
- May 21: Seattle, WA @ Barboza Tue.
- May 23: San Francisco, CA @ Swedish American Hall Thu.
- May 25: San Diego, CA @ Casbah Fri.
- May 26: Los Angeles, CA @ Bootleg Theater